Customized Architectural Home Design in San DiegoSchedule a consultation
We bring your ideas to life
Residential architectural design that knows no bounds
Lars Room Additions merges aesthetics and mathematical precision to compose stunning, streamlined, and workable architectural design plans across San Diego. With extensive knowledge of design, codes and regulations, and construction, our team of accomplished architects has the necessary building blocks to create top-of-the-range architectural solutions. Every project is personalized to the client’s preferences and carefully thought through to meet all technical and legal requirements.
If you’re looking for dependable and thorough architects near you, Lars Room Additions will have you covered.
Explore our completed projects
Projects designed with your lifestyle in mind
Working with Lars is seamless
Our fine-tuned process brings exclusive home designs to life
Lars Room Additions has developed a unique architectural process based on a joint effort of our team of residential architects. The goal of our meticulous procedures is to render cutting-edge home architectural design that fully aligns with the client’s vision. This is how it works:
- Initial planning: The process starts with an in-depth analysis of property information, zoning restrictions, and map research of the client’s property in order to get a good grasp on the nature of your project.
- Design stage: Once we know everything about the client’s needs, inspiration, and budget, we work together as a team providing our expertise in architecture and interior design to conceive creative ideas and solutions.
- Additional customization: We run our plans by our clients and adjust our design based on their feedback. Our architects communicate their home design concepts through visionary boards, space plan layouts, models, and renderings.
- Updating the client: We collaborate with the client all the way through to the preparation of technical drawings and documents. Seasoned architects understand that exceptional design comes down to the details and those details are worked on in every stage of the process.
Why choose Lars Room Additions
What sets us apart from other architectural firms in San Diego
We work closely with our clients through each phase of the building process, providing innovative architectural design solutions and impeccable attention to detail. We carefully review plans with our clients and adjust our designs based on their feedback. Functionality and aesthetics are balanced with detailed attention paid to small nuances that can impact the overall design. Our architects communicate the design vision for each project using a variety of tools including vision boards, space plan layouts, digital models, and life-like renderings.
models & renderings
How our clients feel about our home design
A word from our clients
Hiring Lars was one of the best decisions we had ever made! Their team did an amazing job with our kitchen space, and we are so thankful for all the time they dedicated to us. They expanded our existing kitchen and updated the layout to be more practical and suitable for our needs. What we loved the most about them was that we were always included in the process and they had never missed an opportunity to check in and consult with us on the next steps.
With the baby on the way, we’ll surely need some extra space, and Lars Room Additions will be the first people we call!
Kitchen addition, San Diego
Learn more about our home additions
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a house architect do?
A home architect is a qualified professional who designs buildings. Architects create house building plans based on their clients’ requirements and precise measurements and calculations. They are responsible for ensuring that a residential architectural design adheres to the criteria of safety and aesthetics as well as fit in with building code and zoning regulations.
Lars Architectural Department consists of some of the best trained and most experienced residential architects near you in San Diego, who’ll guide you through the process of home design and ensure that the end result suits your needs.
What is a modern house design?
If you’d like to keep up with the latest trends in home design, you’ll probably want your new home to be built in a modern design style. The architects at Lars Room Additions have experience working with a variety of architectural styles and they’ll help you implement this coveted modern look in your new San Diego home. Here is what this contemporary style usually involves:
- Open plan living: The trend of open plans has been going strong for a while now. It usually involves the kitchen and living area being one space.
- Glass and natural light: Large floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for plenty of natural light to enter the home are the norm in modern design.
- Sleek materials: Concrete, steel, and natural stone are some of the staples of modern styles, typically forsaking traditional coziness for an edgy, contemporary feel.
- Eco-friendly features: Environmental awareness often shows in the design of modern spaces, which often aim to cut back on energy consumption and bring the outdoors indoors.
- Flat roofs: Flat roofing is in keeping with the sleek and often minimalist aesthetic of 21st century homes and they often feature this type of roof construction.
What should architectural plans include?
House building plans are the basis for future construction, making them a crucial part of your project. Receiving the plans from your architect is usually rewarding as you can finally see your ideas in black and white and picture them taking shape. Here’s what architectural house plans typically include:
- Site plan, which encompasses site boundaries, building heights, and other site features
- Floor plan, which lays out the configuration of the rooms in the house
- Exterior and interior elevations outline the heights inside and outside the house
- Section plans show the interior characteristics of the building on a slice drawing
- Construction plans are intended to be instructions for the build team
- Door and window plans will detail the location and the sizes of door and window openings
- Electrical plans will show the future locations of electrical installations within the house
What are the five phases of an architectural design project?
Most architecture companies in San Diego will take you through these stages of the home design project:
- Schematic design: In this phase, our home architect will develop the first outlines of the floor plan, building elevations, and site plans. You are the crucial player in deciding on each of the elements of the design.
- Design development: During this stage, your design is further elaborated. The finer details, like material selection, are ironed out. This is the part of the process when the design is being finalized and takes its true shape.
- Construction documents: Next, it’s time to apply for building permits. For this purpose, our architect will work out a set of drawings to send to the relevant authority. Another set of drawings will be turned over to the construction team.
- Bidding: Now you should find a construction team that will be in charge of building. If you’re already working with our design-build company, you have this worked out and can proceed onto the final step.
- Construction administration: During the time that precedes the construction process as well as during construction itself, your architect will supervise the project execution and make sure that it’s in line with the designs.
How do I find an architect near me to design my home?
You wouldn’t trust any architect with your large-scale residential architectural design in San Diego. If you want only the best to work on your home design plans, try this:
- Ask friends and family for recommendations
- Look up architecture companies online and go for one with great reviews and ratings
- Flip through design magazines to see if anything pops up
Lars Room Additions is one of San Diego’s leading architecture firms that provides tailor-made new home designs combining timeless style, top-tier practicality, and lasting quality. We’re an award-winning team of educated architects that has made it possible for many design projects to come to fruition.
What is the best architecture firm near me in San Diego?
If you’re looking for a team of specialists in architectural design to handle your house designs and plans in San Diego, Lars Room Additions is a natural choice. Reach out to us to schedule a consultation and share your ideas with our committed professionals. We’ll take it from there, applying our finely honed skills and understanding of design, codes and regulations, and building processes every step of the way. You’ll be regularly updated and involved in every facet of the project.
We consider it our responsibility to make the process effortless and enjoyable for our clients. Most importantly, your satisfaction will the final outcome is our #1 concern. Let’s build the home of your dreams!